Roll Form Operator
Houston, TX 77092
Roll Form Operator
In search of a Roll Form Operator to support a production team by setting up and operating a roll forming line to form bends, rolls, beads, and punches holes in the fabricated profiles.
The Following Responsibilities and Duties will be expected of the Roll Form Operator
- Monitor machine cycles and mill operation to detect jamming and to ensure that products conform to specifications.
- Record production on schedule sheets.
- Start operation of rolling and milling machines to flatten, temper, form, and reduce sheet metal sections and to produce steel strips.
- Fill oil cups, adjust valves, and observe gauges to control flow of metal coolants and lubricants onto workpieces.
- Manipulate controls and observe dial indicators in order to monitor, adjust, and regulate speeds of machine mechanisms.
- Feed coil through rolling mechanisms or start and control mechanisms that automatically feed steel into rollers.
- Read rolling orders, blueprints, and mill schedules to determine setup specifications, work sequences, product dimensions, and installation procedures.
- Set distance points between rolls, guides, meters, and stops, according to specifications.
- Install equipment such as guides, guards, gears, cooling equipment, and rolls, using hand tools.
- Examine, inspect, and measure raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Activate shears and grinders to trim workpieces.
- Disassemble sizing mills removed from rolling lines, and sort and store parts.
- Select rolls, dies, roll stands, and chucks from data charts in order to form specified contours and to fabricate products
- Adjust and correct machine set-ups to reduce thicknesses, reshape products, and eliminate product defects.
- Direct and train other workers to change rolls, operate mill equipment, remove coils and cobbles, and band and load material
- Signal and assist other workers to remove and position equipment, fill hoppers, and feed materials into machines
- Calculate draft space and roll speed for each mill stand in order to plan rolling sequences and specified dimensions and tempers.
- Position, align, and secure arbors, spindles, coils, mandrels, dies, and slitting knives.
Roll Form Operator will be required to withstand the following physical demands.
- Stand 100%
- Walking 40%
- Push/Pull 15%
- Reach 15%
- Lifting 15% of 40lbs max
- Bending 15%
Roll Form Operator will be required to have the following Safety PPE
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Shoes
- Hearing Protection
- Gloves(as required)