Production MIG Welder
Houston, TX 77092
Utilize the MIG welding process to weld components of pallet racking together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Weld low carbon steel working with 16-7 gauges (thin welding) and 0.125 -0.500 wall thicknesses (structural welding). Ideal candidate will be AWS / ASME certified or certifiable.
- Perform routine maintenance of the MIG welder and related equipment.
- Perform welding repairs as needed.
- Weld components in flat and vertical positions.
- Perform 360-degree welds.
- Position and secure parts, using hoists, cranes, wire, and banding machine hand tools.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective materials.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts, warping, shrinking, distortion, pin holes, or blow through.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Complete all paperwork as required at each station.
- Participate in job rotation through each cell which addresses cross training and ergonomic issues.
- Assist as necessary to relieve bottlenecks in manufacturing processes.
- Monitor the output of quality parts through inspection, scrap records, statistical process controls, and station control sheets.
- Perform 5S activities.
- Comply with all safety work rules, policies and procedures and best practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Entry to mid-level experience.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Candidate will be required to complete and pass an internal welding test.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend blueprints, work instructions, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions.
- Must have the ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to read tape measure.
- Ability to read and understand calibrations.
- Must possess the ability to work with hand tools.
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy with fellow employees and any other respective party whom employee will interact with.
- 401K (After 6 months of employment with 365RSS)
- Minimal Essential Healthcare and Prescription Plan
- Short-Term Disability
365RSS is equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law