Houston, TX 77032
Title: VTL Machinist
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work with large products and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position works with large 14 CNC machines, manufacturing valves to be used in critical conditions for the petro/chemical industries. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The 14 CNC Machinist is responsible for the machining of new and repair part products on a 14 Toshiba VTL to print specifications.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, far vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; with or without corrective lens.
High School Diploma or GED required
5 Years previous experience working with or using one or more of the following tools: Toshiba VTL, Stellite, Weld mounting, lathe, milling machine, drill press, vertical and horizontal boring mills and surface grinders for large part items.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401K (After 6 months of employment with 365RSS)
- Minimal Essential Healthcare and Prescription Plan
- Short-Term Disability
365RSS is equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law